Sunday, April 27, 2008

Newfound Carrot Appreciation

So I woke up at three-ish again today. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash a bowl, and I found that "Springtime for Hitler" was stuck in my head. It's actually a pretty fun song to have stuck in your head. :D I just thought I'd share that.

Last night, I went over to Becky and Rachel's room, and Rachel and I watched Shoot 'Em Up. Which was WONDERFUL. Imagine a movie so out-there and outrageous that you have to just get over it and like it. I mean, there are these scenes in it that are FREAKING COOL but at the same time you're like, "Yeah, right. That could NEVER happen." But then you kinda realize you don't care if it could happen or not because you're having so much fun watching it. And the dialogue... ok, ok, if any of you guys has seen Hot Fuzz, you'll know this part: the main character is in his hotel room or whatnot, and the guy breaks in to kill him. This guy is huge, his name is Lurch [I think], and he has a "child's mind". Lurch is about to kill the main character when the main character [his name escapes me. I know his last name is Angel... I'm not entirely sure as to his first name. I want to say it's Nicholas]. Anyway, the main character holds up a stuffed gorilla or something which totally distracts Lurch, giving the main character time to knock him out. Right after he does that, he says, "Playtime's over." Shoot 'Em Up is FULL of lines like that. They make me so happy! And it has one of the absolute best soundtracks ever! My favorite Wolfmother song was in it, followed by AC/DC, Motley Crue, Motorhead, etc. Pure love. You can't help but adore the main character because he's kickasstastic, and, after viewing the movie, you will totally have a new appreciation for carrots. :D Anywho, the movie-watching was accompanied by cheese cube, Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles, and Mountain Dew consumption. Can you say uber unhealthy? LOL But it was all really good. Plus we paused the movie for like half an hour and just talked about random stuff. It was neat. :] Oh, the point I was getting to was that, when I was over there, I found Becky's DVD case and borrowed some of her movies :D The problem with having friends with similar interests is that you'll go to borrow a movie and realize you guys almost have the same movie collection. LOL Like there was Beetlejuice, Benny and Joon, Sleepy Hollow, the POTC movies, Princess Bride, etc. LOL But there was the first POTC movie, which I no longer have. It's funny: I had that one before Katrina, and, after Katrina, I got the second and third one and never bothered to get the first one again. I hate spending money on something I already had. Anywho, so I borrowed the first POTC, Girl, Interrupted, and Phantom of the Opera. Heheh.

So, this morning, when I got back from my bathroom time, I pressed play on the first POTC. I had put it on last night, but then I fell asleep. But, today, watching it again, I remembered some of the things that bothered me the most about this movie. 1. The whispery-name-thing. Pretty much everytime Elizabeth or Will says each other's name, it's in a whisper as their longingly looking upon the other at a distance. Annoyance! I think you first see it with the whole, "Good day..... *whisper* Elizabeth." part. But anywho. Watch the movie, and keep your eyes open for it. 2. Elizabeth's mouth. She kinda sticks her lips out constantly to make her mouth look more pouty or something. Annoyance! She doesn't do it so much in scenes where she has dialogue, but like... the first scene where Elizabeth is grown up, and she's asleep and wakes up to polish off the medallion thing. It's like someone punched her in the mouth, and she's all lips-swollen. Seriously though. She really doesn't need to do that. 3. They put Norrington at the beginning of the movie when Elizabeth's really young. He has a brown-haired wig, and then, when she's an adult, he's got the grey-haired wig but HE LOOKS THE SAME. And then he proposes. Ew. But that's not the point. I'm just saying: maybe he's the REAL immortal in this movie. Anywho, I just thought I'd mention such things. Still, the second and third movies, as amazing as they are, have far more issues with them, but I won't go there. Mostly because I can't remember most of them unless I'm watching the movie. LOL [Elizabeth's a too-tanned-anorexic-whore. That would probably be one of the worst things. LOL]

I did a shocking thing today. Usually, when I ask someone what they think on either this or that, I usually pick the opposite of whatever they choose. But I asked Chris if I should eat Ramen or Veggie Soup; he chose Ramen, and I think I'm actually going to follow his suggestion. Ramen sounds damn tastyrific right now :D

I'm being such a bum today. My outfit consists of green and black striped socks, "Go Organic" pajama pants, and my Star Wars shirt. Ah. *random* My mom called me earlier, whilst I was still in my half-asleep daze. It was around noon, and, whenever she calls and I'm still sleeping, I immediately have to sound awake because I don't want to hear it. So she had texted me a bit before she called, and then she calls me, and we get off the phone, then she calls me, and we get off the phone, and then she calls me AGAIN. The third time we're on the phone, she's talking about how I have to start bringing stuff home, and she's like, "Well, do you still use your dorm phone? You could bring that home. Do you use it?" and I'm like, "Not really. The charger part's plugged in, but my phone's like under my bed and all dead." which is the total truth. And then it ALL makes sense when she goes, "Eryn... *lowers voice to this tone that she thinks is intimidating and will pull the 'truth' out of me*... are you really in your dorm?" and, at this point, I'm still in bed, under my covers, and I'm like, "*realization" YES, Mom." And she's like, "Is Chris in town? Are you off somewhere with him?" and I'm like, "NO, Mom. I'm not." and you cal tell she does NOT believe me. Then she gets off the phone with me with this attitude, and it's frustrating. Really, really frustrating. Pretty much the entire time we were on the phone was just because she got it in her head that I was not in my dorm. Whatever.


Grrr. Now I don't know if I want Ramen or to wait until the cafeteria opens in like twenty-seven minutes. Only time will tell. <3>




Adios, mis amigos!
Peace, love, and jazzy Ramenlove.
Eryn

No comments: